3 Appears in the Bible 467 times as well as Absolutely Everywhere.
“Uniting the Apparent Duality”, Prince Charles
- The 3 Legs that support the ‘Womb’ of a Cauldron
- The Power of 3
- Rule of Thirds
- Past, Present & Future
- Mother, Father & Child
- Maiden, Mother & Crone
- Beginning, Middle & End
- The Three Amigos, Musketeers, Stooges, Blind Mice, etc
- The Three Days & Nights Jonah spent within the Whale
- Three Wishes
- Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Triptych Architecture
- The Trinity
- Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh
- Father, Son, Holy Spirit
- Emphatic Semitic Triplets i.e. ‘Holy, Holy, Holy’
In Hebrew, Shalosh / Shelosh (f) & Shlosha / Sheloshah (m), are used to describe Whole Completeness, Harmony, Rebirth / New Life, as well as being used to denote the number Three.
In the Jewish Mystical Tradition of the Kabbalah, it is said that the soul consists of three parts… the Highest – Neshamah Breath*, the Middle – Ruach, Wind / Spirit* and the Lowest being – Nefesh, Repose*.
And of course in Ancient Egypt we have the Ka, Ba & Ankh.
- The Ka; Something we all Possess as Our Spiritual Double & Life Force. Having a Royal Ka was the Birthright to Rule.
- The Ba; Another aspect we all Possess. Depicted as a human headed member of the Avion Fam. The Ba uses its wings to leave the Body after death.
- The Ankh; a symbol we are all familiar with & has survived centuries without any plans of giving in to the drowning sands of time. The Ankh symbolizes Re/Ra. Pure Light, “the transfigured spirit of a person that becomes one with light after death“.
- Mut; the Ankhs Natural Opposite, Death.
Within the Wiccan Path we have the Threefold Law, or Rule of Three. Stating simply : what you send off into Our Reality is Returned, Threefold.
The Threefold Way may sound familiar to those whom Follow or are Drawn to the Sacred Teachings of Buddhism in it’s many sects as it encapsulates the Three main aspects of Life. Ethics, Meditation & Wisdom.
The Nabatean (Pre-Islamic) worship of the Three Chief Goddesses : Al-ʻUzzā, al-Lāt & Manāt also comes to Mind.
A notable Cult Center being the brutally beautiful, Petra of present-day Jordan.*
This is a Living Post, more notes will be added as they come to Mind*